Thursday, August 12, 2010

Words with friends

  968767_20100106_gum002 I am completely obsessed with the app "Words With Friends" for the iPhone.  It combines many of my favorite things in one neat, little package...games, words, semi-anonymity.  The most games I have ever had going at one time was six, but I believe I am capable of juggling several more while still being a reasonably functional person.  The other day, Bill and I were doing a pass and play game at Chili's while waiting for our guiltless grill classic sirloins and the waitress said, "I love that game!  I was playing 15 games at one time the other day!"  See?  I'm sure I could handle more.  If you want to play, leave a comment and we can arrange to swap user names.

On an entirely different note...perhaps it is time for a weight loss update.  It has been a year now since we decided to stop living to eat and start eating to live.  I have lost 90 lbs. and Bill has lost (drum roll, please) 120 lbs.  We feel great and look forward to slowly losing more as we continue to eat healthier (and less). 

I love tasty, convenient food, and who doesn't?  Here is a dish I made this week.  It couldn't be easier.  When divided into four servings, it is 320 calories a serving.  Let's call it...

Fiesta Chicken Bowl

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can whole corn, drained

2 cans original Ro-Tell tomatoes with green chilies

Dump it all in the crock pot and cook it on high until the chicken is done and you're ready to eat.  Or on low until the chicken is done and you're ready to eat.  Don't you love crock pots?  Just before serving, stir in 1 Cup brown rice, cooked.  I use the kind from Costco that cooks in the microwave for 90 seconds.  Delicious!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "words."

    karrieboberry

    ps- do you use Goodreads? If you do, I'd like to be your "friend" on there so I know what you are reading. Sounds almost like a reading stalker, but really, I consider you my literary filter who saves me time and boredom by steering me to good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrie--
    Emily told me to register on Goodreads a long time ago but I never got around to it. I will tell you that I am more than 200 pages into "The Thirteenth Tale" and it is well worth the sleep I have given up. Wonderful book! I'm looking forward to a game of words!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...I just left you a comment while I was logged in under a client's login. I removed it :) But she was Mrs. Idaho so maybe you should be honored...

    Anyway, congrats on the losses. I'm sure you both look fab. Can't wait to see you next month!

    Sorry about being a Words dropout. It was starting to feel like homework. I promise I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always up for words. Heather makes a crock pot chicken meal that is almost identical to what you describe. I think she got the recipe from that Taste of Home magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made your Fiesta Chicken Bowl dinner last night and it was a HUGE hit! Thank you so much!

    Also... I love the ties you made for Ashton, Alvie and Ezra. I'd love to know what pattern you used so I can make some for Ammon. He was pretty jealous of Ashton's tie. hahaha

    Congrats on the weightloss.

    ReplyDelete