Tuesday, June 8, 2010

They're giving them their own show on TLC..."Little People Having Trauma in the ER Plus One"

 riley with broken arm

If the "Tiny Tim" photo of Brooke (scroll down to May 21)  tugged at your heart, this one will surely break it.  Yes, the Clements (specifically, Riley) had another encounter of the painful kind with their neighbor's trampoline.  Apparently, some older children suggested that it would be interesting if she were to close her eyes and walk backwards.  The result was a broken radius, right where it connects to her wrist.  It was badly misaligned requiring that she be sedated in order to reduce the fracture.  For a while, the thought of surgery was bandied about but, fortunately, the reduction worked satisfactorily and she will get her super cool hard cast on Thursday.  A good result after a long night of prayers.

But wait...I can DOUBLE your Clement medical news!!!! 

Making sure they take full advantage of their monthly insurance premiums, the Clements have exciting (and much happier) medical news.  ***The following is for the three people on the planet who are not Facebook fans of Liza's:

They are expecting #5 on January 15th!!!!!  And no, it wasn't  a surprise and yes, they (and all of us) are VERY happy about it.  Even Riley (who wanted another girl) has come around to thinking that a boy would be lots of fun...bookend boys!   Of course, whatever this baby is, we know three things;  it will be gorgeous, it will be greatly loved, and it will never be allowed on a trampoline.

Congratulations!!!

4 comments:

  1. my sister katie had the same thing happen. a big kid stepped on her wrist while on a tramp. the only difference is that it didn't break all the way and the next day during sacrament meeting i grabbed her by the hands to pick her up and well took care of setting it for her!!! poor Riley - you have made me rethink getting one for my kids this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo sorry for Riley. I am glad that everything worked out ok for her. Trampolines are very dangerous, especially when children from different families are involved. Rules tend to go out the window and the challenges begin. I, too, hope that the Clement kids stay off of them for awhile.

    If they come to Lubbock, I will take them swimming (hint to Eliza!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby. She is not lucky but neither was Brooke. We are soooooo excited for the Clements cant wait! I cant wait till January to make my treck to help Liza with the new baby. I have made it a tradition allthough eachtime I come I have more kids so I dont know how much help I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Abby saw that picture she said, "I know just how she feels, I had to get an IV when I was in the hospital too." Abby is so hung-up on her IV experience that she didn't even notice that Riley's ARM WAS BROKEN! Luckily we haven't had any broken bones around here. But we do have a resident safety monitor so that may have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete